RE: Topless continued

To: <STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Topless continued
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:18:12 -0800
GREAT idea Stu!!

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-tigers@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-tigers@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Sent:   Tuesday, November 24, 1998 5:52 AM
To:     tigers@autox.team.net
Subject:        Topless continued

     Here's another idea for lifting the hard top.  Find a pair of old
     gutter clamp type ski racks, cargo bars, or whatever, from back when
     they used to make them strong.  These usually turn up at yard sales,
     etc., since hardly anybody has gutters any more.

     Clamp them onto the hardtop's gutters, as far apart as possible, and
     use one rope/pulley setup on each rack.  It should be easier to lift,
     the front and rear heights will be individually adjustable as you
     lower it on, etc.

     I've wanted to try this for some time, but so far, I have not needed
     it.  My wife and I can lift it off and on, and I made a wooden roll
     around cart to hold it upright, and protect it from the kids' bikes,
     etc.

     Stu