Hard Top storage

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hard Top storage
From: "Parlee, Brad (IndSys,SLS)" <brad.parlee@indsys.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 15:55:58 -0500
I put a hoist arrangement together the key to which is a 4' X 4" X 3/4"
board with flanges as shown below in top view.  Eye hooks are installed at
the marks(^) about 6" out from the outer side edges (of top when mounted)
and a cross rope with a central loop knot is tied between the hooks.  Due to
the height of the eye hooks and the distance out from the edge of the top no
rubbing or squeezing occurs.  The loop knot is snap hooked to a 4:1 Block
and tackle with a defeatable backspin clicker (sounds kinky but the things
sold at Home Depot).  This fixture lifts the top at its balance point with
the load spread out over the upper side screen finishers.  The cutouts, show
at the outer bottom edge of flanges, allow positive location between the
side quarter window frames and front to back against same.  The key is to
position the hooks slightly forward of actual balance point by adjusting
dimension B.  By having the top naturally tipping back, a small rope from
the loop knot to a rubberized hook hooked under the metal at the back center
of the top will stabilize and lock in the support fixture.  To make lifting
a one man operation I added picture hooks on strings tied around the cross
board between the eye hooks and the flanges.  By hooking the hooks on gutter
trim the fixture is held in place until the actual lifting starts.

The flanges are 8"X 4" X 3/4.

__V
__B

^