RE: Oil filter

To: <FrizBMG@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Subject: RE: Oil filter
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:09:09 -0800
Just a bit to add to Tony's excellent post.

I had a very similar happy experience with Kaman here in San Diego.  Very
accommodating folks who do it RIGHT.  My application was for the "dreaded
non-original" remote oil filter under the fender well on the drivers side.
For about $90.00, they made me complete new lines and fittings which bolted
right on in place of the old lines.  They also recommended new hose material
that is heat resistant up to something ridiculous like 800 degrees.  Quite
important for my application as the damn hoses run adjacent and even through
the header tubes.  (NOW I know whey Norm and others think this to be a
stupid conversion.)

Obviously with Tony's post I am sure there are KAMAN branches in other
cities.  Search them out......IMHO, they are well worth it.

Regards,

Allan

TONY's Message:

Well Micheal ,I have at least a partial solution for you.I my loss of
patience
when I pulled the engine,I introduced Mr hacksaw to the center oilline(I
Really DIDNT need to do that,but i was IN A HURRY).Later when I re-installed
the engine I had to come up with something.I finally after a LOT of leg work
discovered that a company named Kaman sold what I needed.They sell
industrial
hydralics.For just a little less than $20 I got a new fitting with a length
of
metal tube(properly bent) and 2 feet of new rubber hose good for 300psi.I
wound up keeping the remaining uncut sections of the original tubing and
replacing the hose(which had dry-rot).
 Take the fitting piece and the oil adapter assembly If you can so they can
be
properly matched.If you can take a picture of what you have now(with a ruler
or measuring tape in the picture plane that might help you too-if you dont
have any of the original pieces.Actually I feel that the best solution to
the
oil line problem a "shorty" oil filter(which works with an adapter).I could
not use that or the SVO rt angle adapter because of  no header clearance.
Good Luck!
Tony