S.O.S. Newsletter #1

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net (Alpines), tigers@Autox.Team.Net (Tigers)
Subject: S.O.S. Newsletter #1
From: tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 98 16:34:54 CST
Ed "Mr. S.O.S." Esslinger is now online and sent me the attached
message.  He can be reached at eee1@snowhill.com.  He has the
instructions for joining the lists, hopefully he will join us soon.
He will certainly be a tremendous asset to both the lists.
--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com

    An open letter to all Southern Owners of Sunbeams, as you may know
there are about 200 TE/AE members living in the southern states. Until
the S.O.S. group was formed we had to drive great distances to 4 out
of 5 events. Unfortunately the event we had planed for St. George
Island had to be canceled due to hurricane Georges. Many local events
have taken place in various places in the south with poor attendance.
I believe the problem is, we are too spread out distance wise. I have
attended some events that takes me ten hours round trip to get there.
For a two to four hour event its just not worth the aches and pain of
diving my Sunbeams to the meet.
     The next S.O.S. Roundup is in the planning stages now!!. The
event will be held Sept. 17-18-19 (99) at the Dillard House in
Dillard GA as most everyone wants to go back Volunteer co-
chairpersons are Eric & Bonnie Gibeaut.  We should have the
greatest S.O.S. Roundup ever as there will be no United held in '99
due to SUNI 3 being held in Montana.
    NOW THE PURPOSE OF THIS LETTER WOULD YOU LIKE A SPRING S.O.S. ???
    I have suggested that we hold a weekend event in conjunction with
some other British group, attend their show, let them know Sunbeams
are here to stay.  And brag a lot..
   We could set up headquarters nearby and do our Sunbeam only thing,
tours, parts swap, hospitality room and awards dinner etc...
    I think we could have a good turn out, because we are doing more
than just attending a two or three hour show or picnic, if we have a
weekend event it will be worth the long drive to get there
    WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ??  WE NEED YOUR SUGGESTIONS.
WOULD YOU ATTEND A SPRING GET-TOGETHER??  WILL YOU VOLUNTEER TO
ORGANIZE IT??  WE ARE OPEN TO ANY LOCATION IN THE SOUTH== GETTING
THESE EVENTS TOGETHER== TAKES TIME TO GET THE WORD OUT LET ME KNOW!!
Ed Esslinger  334-774-5155   e- mail  eee1@snowhill.com
S.O.S. Roundup Info: Eric Gibeaut   803-408-0206
Dillard House info:1-800-541-0671  (www.dillardhouse.com)
Reserve Now we only have a block of 31 rooms at this time. Please Tell
them, you are with the Sunbeam Club or TE/AE to be in this block.