Re: Palm Springs Article

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Palm Springs Article
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:16:56 EST
In a message dated 12/3/98 5:33:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com writes:

>...... that article about the discovery of additional
>       Lister Tigers.

Stu,
I assume you are referring to the piece in the Book of Norman regarding the
unfinished Le Mans Tiger.  Reportedly Brian Lister, who insisted that the cars
should be built using a space-frame tube chassis with an alloy body, partially
completed construction of such a car, which he equipped with a HP289. But when
Rootes refused to accept it or pay for it, the project was abandoned.

There are reports that the remains still languish somewhere in the UK, but
David Duncanson, Brian Postle, Ken Dalziel, et al, if they know of its
whereabouts, refuse to reveal an info about it....probably because they have
selfish designs about acquiring the car and keeping it in England.  After all,
at one point in time, all 3 of the original cars got away from them and went
to other countries, although in recent years Tony Eckford went to Australia
and brought back ADU179B.

I have no intention of letting 7734KV get back there again, having only
recently overcome all the damage and cancer it suffered during its 9 years in
England.  I convinced those blokes over there just don't know how to care for
cars~especially Sunbeams~and are to content to cobble them up with all sorts
of strange, non-factory bits and pieces while the cars just continue to rust
away.  So one Le Mans Tiger is all they deserve.  And if anybody has any
information whatsoever on the 4th one partially completed by Lister, please
let me know.  In order to save it from the ravages of an another inevitable
slow death in England, I think I could find room in my heart any my garage to
provide sanctuary in San Diego for one more piece of Tiger history.

And as the Laifman would say.... :)

Dick Barker