VIN Plate

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VIN Plate
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:58:41 -0500
     Of course, the latest project is growing like Topsy.  The hose/heater
     core/radiator job has expanded to include a cleanup and repaint the
     panel the hood latch tray mounts in.

     My VIN tag (original rivets) was painted over by a previous owner, and
     I don't think there's much hope of ever resurrecting the original
     silkscreened lettering.  So I was thinking of wire brushing it down to
     clean metal and shooting some clear over it, while leaving it in
     place.

     That shouldn't piss off any DMV types, right?  Any other opinions out
     there?

     Stu