Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

To: "Tim Jordan" <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Subject: Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 16:43:24 -0800
At 04:15 PM 12/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Tigers,
>
>We need not go across "The Pond" to search for infamous Tigers that may or
>may not exist or have ever been built.  We have several significant Tigers
>that are either lost or slowly dying right in our own backyard.  The three
>Tigers listed below have not been seen or driven for many years.  Two are
>definitely still living, although they are said to be in many pieces and
>the other is a "mystery".
>The Hollywood Sportscar Tiger (Adams/Spencer) is still in the hands of Bill
>Miller.  Not much information on its condition has been forthcoming even
>though at least one top level STOA officer has recently inspected the car.
>I believe the car is disassembled and has been so for many years.  Rumor is
>that Bill may entertain offers to sell, or restore it for all of us to
admire?

        With respect to the HSC #55,  The car is indeed in the position of Bill
Miller who is not at this time a participant of this particular mode of
Marque communication.  I recently inspected the subject vehicle for the
purpose of adding this Tiger as well as Bill's "purchased new" street Tiger
to the list of TACed Tigers.  Although I am not now an "officer" in STOA, I
was acting in my role as a Senior Inspector for the Tiger Authentication
Committee.  Because of the geographic location of Bill's Tigers, two of our
new TAC inspectors on the East Coast were able to complete the
authentication procedure.

        The inspection was without incident, in fact the original colour code
was visible in certain locations.  The shell is complete and has both front
and rear suspension allowing the car to be rolled on its original mag
wheels.  The assembly  does lack the rest of the motive power at this
point, and I don't know precisely what motor would come with the shell. It
is my understanding, that the original "Spencer built" 260 was never
re-united with the #55 shell.  It does have several of the original "trick"
parts such as the quick rack in the Tiger housing, and the reversed caliper
front brake system.  I took several digital photos of the car and
anticipate future publication in STOA's Tiger Tracks newsletter.

        Further inquiries about this special Tiger should be made directly with
Mr. Bill Miller.

Tom Hall