Re: Beck Arnley

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Beck Arnley
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:13:05 -0800
    I worked at Grast Auto parts in 77, and yes, they had a pretty decent
supply of Beck Arnley products, they were also a Bosch distributor as well.
I did the shipping and receiving there, and don't remember a lot of B/A
boxes coming in.  LOT's of Bosh, in and out, and LOTS of Mercedes parts both
in and out.  Georg Grasst (I think that was the spelling, don't remember
though)..Had one of the larger Mercedes of that time, while his Son,
Wolfgang, had a BMW 730i..on it's 5th gearbox...he drove it real hard.  At
17, I got to drive the 730i for errands..I drove it easy!

    Beck Arnley also had a VERY large Motorcycle division, and their Beck
Arnley Motorcycle Catalog was required reading at ALL of the motorcycle
shops I worked at for All new employees we hired.  It was a fantastic book
for all sorts of cool little gadgets, hard to find parts (British bikes
mostly), and thousands of accessories that simply couldn't be found other
places.  I still have their Bike catalog from like 1980 or so.  Most of the
Hot Rod parts I used on my own bike were ordered through there.  I miss them

Rich
(in Seattle)