inquiry 121098d

To: "TransAtlantic Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: inquiry 121098d
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:41:35 -0600
Scott Lampert wrote:
*I also just e-mailed energy suspension about a cross for bushings for
*the rear leaf, panhard rod, and sway bar. Does any have any info on
*this?

I'm probably repeating myself, but...
For the sway bar, I was able to install poly bushings by ordering a
generic set for the correct diameter bar (I used the open-end-wrench
method of checking), then cutting them down to fit the Sunbeam brackets.
I recall it took a carbide blade in a hacksaw and an assortment of files
and rasps to do the job, but in total I spent <$10 for the bushings--
plus a _lot_ of cussing, as the poly is no fun to cut at all. This
winter, when I have the suspension apart again, I'll drill the brackets
and the bushings for a grease fitting; they do currently squeak a bit
even though I originally coated everything liberally with silicone
grease.

If Energy Suspensions has an easier way out, by all means share the
info. Plus of course, the panhard-rod and leaf spring bushings.

Unrelated subject: I'm really happy about the 1999 Sunbeam Calendar.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com