Painting

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Painting
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:38:04 -0500

     I'm repainting the cowl panel, around the hood latch tray, VIN and JAL
     tags, etc.  The original color was BRG 86, but a previous owner
     changed it to some sort of black.  I sanded it down to solid paint,
     either the black or BRG, and sprayed it with black Krylon.  Don't
     laugh, the hood latch tray/heater core cover looked really sharp with
     this.

     Anyway, within seconds, parts of the paint underneath started to
     wrinkle up.  I wiped off what I could, let it dry, sanded again, and
     got more wrinkles.

     What's going on here?  I don't think it's reacting with the original
     BRG, but has anyone ever seen Krylon react with other types of paints?

     Does the Duplicolor stuff have different solvents that might not
     attack the underlying paint?

     Stu