what's the diff?

To: tiger mail <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: what's the diff?
From: Scott Lampert <netscott@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:01:19 +0000
i have the rear axle of out of my mk1. i am going to have it gone
through, bearing, seals, wheel studs. i am thinking of putting a posi
unit in, and a different gear ratio so that on the highway the motor is
turning a lower rpm. any ideas?
also my leaf springs are out. if i want to have them checked is there a
target spring rate i am looking for?

i was able to install my 5.0 svo motor and trans the other day in about
2.5 hours (alone), went in very ez from under. thank for all the tips.
that went so well i also put my front cross member in.

for any of you thinking about using the motorsport damper (M-6316-A50)
it will hit the stock timing cover (260) before it bottoms out. i found
this out the hard way.

scott
B9472628