Re: Tiger Newbie

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Newbie
From: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:15:52 -0600
>No Tiger ever came with wire wheels.  Unless someone converted it to
>Alpine wheels (why?, they'll be ripped apart by the power) , added
>after market bolt-ons, or put on $2000 Zenith knock-offs, you're
>looking at an Alpine.

The wire wheels were not part of the configuration when it
was raced.  They were just slapped on when the rest of the
race parts were sold off.  Or so says the current owner.
I would guess it's an Alpine too, except the VIN and
documentaion were sold off.  I would expect that stuff to be
valuable only of the car were a Tiger.

If these are the Zenith Alpine wire wheels, are they worth
anything if rusty or does the replating cost exceed the resale
value?

Later,
Dan Jones