Re: Brake Lights

To: "Dr. Tym McDowell" <tym@exit3.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake Lights
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:45:04 -0800 (PST)
>Tigers,
>
>I put my Mk1A together after fresh paint.  I can't get the brake lights
>to work.  Everything else seems to be fine.
>Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Tym McDowell

Hi Tym, mine did the same thing.  It was the brake light switch.  I pulled
the two wires off the switch and put a jumper wire between them and the
brake lights came on, so I knew I had to replace the switch at that point.
If you do that and they still don't work then your problem is with the tail
lights themselves, probably the grounds need cleaning or the bulb sockets.
Hope this helps regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie