Main(e?) Radiators

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Main(e?) Radiators
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:34:22 -0500
     Interesting note on the core factory in Maine.  The guy who did my
     recore said he got the part from an outfit called something like Maine
     Radiator. Or was it Main?  Never saw it spelled.  He uses their stuff
     all the time, best outfit on the east coast, etc.

     Anyway, I got a 3 x 35 tube core, 15 fins per inch by my measure.  The
     resulting radiator fit fine, good stock fan clearance, mounting holes
     lined up, etc, with only a couple little things attributable to the
     shop, not the core.  $280 for the job, including a new American style
     drain valve. Cooled much better on our last 65F day (winter's here
     now), but the real test will come in the spring.

     Stu