RE: Quick Tiger (abreviations)

To: Tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Quick Tiger (abreviations)
From: Timothy Beloney <TBeloney@Wyse.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:56:49 -0800
I consider myself more educated today.

Thanks,

Tim
_________________________
Tim Beloney
VAR Development Manager
Wyse Technology
tbeloney@wyse.com <mailto:tbeloney@wyse.com>
510.749.9432 (phone)
510.714.2067 (cell/pgr)

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Theo Smit [mailto:TSmit@novatel.ca]
                Sent:   Monday, December 21, 1998 9:47 AM
                To:     Timothy Beloney

                You're going to hear this about a hundred times, but...

                British Racing Green (color code 86 for Tigers)
                Ministry of Transport. A british agency that enforces
yearly(?) car inspections.

                Theo Smit
                tsmit@novatel.ca
                B382002705

Since I have never
                > been able to
                >               get my car to run under 12's and we were
going to be in
                > Florida for a few
                >               days anyway, I contacted Jerry Porsche to
see if I could get
                > a look at his
                >               car.  He not only graciously consented, but
took time out of
                > his schedule
                >               for a trip to the local drag strip in
Orlando last Wed nite
                > so I could
                >               watch it run.
                >                    When I arrived at his home, what I
found truly
                > astonished me.
                >               Expecting to find some hairy-chested,
cut-up, tubbed and
                > tube-framed
                >               monster with huge slicks extending out of
the fender wells
                > perched on a
                >               trailer, instead I found a pretty little BRG
tiger with a
                > LAT hood and Lat
                >               70 wheels residing in the garage.  A closer
look revealed a
                > roll bar with
                >               side braces extending forward to the lower
front door
                > corners and a pair of
                >               McCreary street-legal tires on the rear.
Really, nothing
                > else to reveal
                >               this car's potential.
                >                    When Jerry told me to hop in, that we
were driving to
                > the strip, you
                >               could have knocked me over with a feather.
Not only does
                > this car run
                >               10.60 quarter mile times, it is also
regularly driven on the
                > street.  His
                >               wife drives it around town running errands!
So accompanied