Re: Stud length for alloy wheels

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stud length for alloy wheels
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 07:29:11 EST
Bob,
        The unsprung weight comment was indeed tongue in cheek, although it
would
have merit in serious racing like Formula One.  I had a set of wheels back in
the 70s very similar to the LAT pizza wheels that had a thin center section
and my acorn-style mag lug nuts bottomed on the front studs at the same time
the washer contacted the wheel.  Spooky.
        I found a note I had written a few years back regarding wheel studs:
replacements are very similar to Chevy Vega, but these are too short.  Try
NAPA/BALKAMP   #641-1267        7/16 x 1 3/4"
Jim