T-5 conversion questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: T-5 conversion questions
From: Bob Burruss <burruss@camber.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:05:38 -0700 (MST)
Hi folks!
        I've acquire the AMC tailshaft housing for my T-5 Conversion.  The
salvage yard sent it to me with the aluminum block that the shifter moves
separate.  This aluminum block was pinned to the shift rod that runs fore
and aft between the tailshaft, and actuates the gear selection in the
transmission (this they kept with the transmission).  My question is this:
This rod in the Mustang T-5 should be longer (because the shifter is further
rearward), so can I have it shortened and redrilled?  Or will I have to have
the one from the AMC trannie?
        Lastly, does anyone have templates for the adapter and crossmember
required for this swap.  I spoke with someone who said they could fabricate
the remainder of the parts if I found the tailshaft housing, but I can't
remember who it was.  If anyone knows, please let me know.  Thanks.
                                        Bob Burruss
                                        (burruss@camber.com)