Larry's Alpine

To: "Alpine People (E-mail)" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Larry's Alpine
From: Bill Gullatt <bgullatt@mesahq.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:24:50 -0600
Larry's not touchy he just has the right attitude. It's my car and that's
that.

As for Larry's Bonniville Alpine I think he has done the car a great
service. I spent eleven years in the autobody/restoration business and I
would not have touched his Alpine except with a shreader. It was a rough
piece of junk. It actually has hope now. His Bonniville idea was the perfect
solution for the car.

What he is doing will give us all some recognition for our cars. I can see
his car now in Super Ford or Hot Rod. The article will start something like:

        "Could this have been what Lord Rootes really had in mind?" Larry
Mayfield salvaged this rusty Alpine from the crusher to set the new land
speed record for Sunbeams. This act of passion may very well be the push
needed to create a Sunbeam frenzy worldwide. Tiger and Alpine owners hang on
to your keys. Investors get out your wallets!

Keep up the impressive work Larry!

Bill Gullatt
Madison, AL