Discovered!

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Discovered!
From: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:41:20 +0100
Norm et al
Just been to see a Tiger, owned by a garage mechanic near Lausanne on
the shores of Lake Geneva, Switzerland. Details as follows:
Currently under restoration, it's a cross bodied Tiger (rounded boot
lid, square doors and bonnet), with a Mk 2 grill (he may want to put a
Mk 1 grill back on it and dispose of the Mk 2 grill, but that I don't
know).  He couldn't put his hands on the vin plates, but from the old
registration document, I note the chassis number as B9473625 LROFE -
which sounds like it was originally an Swiss market model.  Side trim
and badges in a box somewhere, along with most other bits.  He believes
it was originally white, but can't be confirmed until he finds the
colour code.  It has certainly been in Switzerland since at least 1974.
The last registration it has was FR 41391 (canton Fribourg), but will
eventually be registered in canton Vaud (like mine).  He has the
original 260 engine but also a completely rebuilt 302 and 5-speed box
which are scheduled to go in it.
He saw my Book of Norm and wants one.  A mutual friend will be in San
Francisco/San Diego in a couple of weeks.  Where can he get one?  Please
advise.
One other murmur of a Tiger in this part of the world.  I am following
that one up too.
Brgds, Colin Mills