more car stories

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: more car stories
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:01:06 -0800 (PST)
I've been asked to write another story so here goes:

Well this happened about 1964, my friend Pat and I.  (The same friend from
previous stories) both had 50's chevy cars.  His was a 1953 convertible and
mine a 1954 2dr sedan.  His was a stocker and mine had a blue flame six
from a corvette, three carbs, headers the whole bit.  Anyway I lived in
another town close by but we went to the same high school in Vallejo Ca.
Every day after school we would leave together and go by his dad's gas
station to fill up with gas.  It was called the "Miracle gas-o-teria" on
Tennessee St. in Vallejo. From there we would go by his house and stop and
talk cars for awhile.  Before we got there we were driving down a narrow
street, he was in front on me with his convertible top down.  Then I
noticed that his gas filler door was left open, so I hollered out the
window "HEY PAT, YOUR GAS DOORS OPEN"  You won't believe this but he pulled
out his choke a little to keep the car rolling and then he jumped into the
back seat and leaned over and shut his filler door while the car was still
rolling down the street.  No one else in there with him.
Then he sat in the back seat for few seconds with his arm on the back of
the seat like he was being chauffeured or something. The whole time the
cars driving itself down the road at about 15 or 20 mph.  Then I noticed
that his car was starting to veer to the right and getting close to some
parked cars, so I had to yell at him again, " HEY, WILL YOU DRIVE THAT
THING" then he finally got back in the drivers seat and sped off down the
street and to his mom's house.  I think my girl friend (now my wife, hi
honey) was with me at the time and she almost fainted over that one I'll
tell you.  Thats all for now regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie