Powder Painting Suspension/Brakes

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Powder Painting Suspension/Brakes
From: "Mark Meswarb" <mmeswarb@itexas.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:44:39 -0500
Larry,

I powder painted most of my suspension parts.  The powder painter here
required an additional set up fee for anything other than common colors
(black and low gloss black).  The place I used lent me a roll of high
temperature paint to mask the areas I didn't want painted.  In addition
to threads, you should also mask areas where pieces are torqued
together.  Higher temperatures (such as in the vicinty of the engine and
especially brakes) will cause the paint to soften.  The combination of
heat and torque will cause it to ooze out, which can dangerously effect
the final torque.

Good Luck,
Mark