Intakes

To: "'KJENSSEN@aol.com'" <KJENSSEN@aol.com>,
Subject: Intakes
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:12:02 -0800
You asked if a Victor Jr will fit under a stock hood?  I don't know for sure
but my guess is that it will not.  Here's how I come to this conclusion.  I
recently installed an Edelbrock F4B on my otherwise stock 260.  The
Edelbrock catalog gives height measurements for each manifold.  They give
you two numbers, A for the front, B for the rear.  Look at the manual and
you'll know what I'm talking about.

I measured A and B for the F4B before installing it on my motor.  I have the
exact measurements in a notebook somewhere at home.  But, from the dark
recesses of my mind, I seem to recall that the F4B was very close in height
to Edelbrock's Performer RPM manifold.  It made sense, a newer generation
dual plane manifold with similar height.  Maybe someone else on the list has
an F4B on the shelf and could back up my measurements.

Here are the various heights for current Edelbrock Ford small block products
(just pulled these off of http://www.edelbrock.com:

Performer 302          A=3.13, B=4.31
Performer RPM 302 A=4.30, B=5.50
Torker II  302           A=4.00, B=5.18
Victor, Jr                A=5.50, B=5.50

So, given that the F4B closely approximates the Performer RPM in height and
marginally fits under the stock hood, it doesn't look to me like the Victor
Jr will work under a stock hood.  The Torker II (single plane) should fit
just fine.  I defer to the more knowledgeable on the list about dual plane
versus single plane for your application.

Good luck.

Dave