Question Regarding Tigers/Algers

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Question Regarding Tigers/Algers
From: "Mark Radelow" <radelow@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:10:18 PST
Hi guys, Mark Radelow here.  I have a question and I hope it doesn't
make you guys all start hating me or something...Or start a huge flame
war.  But what is the general opinion on Alger's.  The reason I ask is
that after speaking with some of you it seems that maybe getting a Tiger
in the next year or so might be a little premature.  Aka, I don't want
to spend all the money I have.  Sooo...Considering I have three
objectives:

a.)  To have a nice looking Alpine or Tiger
b.)  To have a V8 powered beast of a British car
c.)  To have a cool "different" autox car

That maybe an Alger would be more in my budget.  Now I would never
consider turning an Alpine into a Tiger...But if I bought one that
already has been I won't feel like such a loser.  Don't get me wrong I
generally don't agree with turning a car into something it's not, but it
seems like it might be my only alternative (or, of course, not getting
one at all).  I still would like to get a REAL Tiger, and I will still
consider it if I do find the right one.  But it might not be of the most
financial sense right now.  So do Sunbeam owners generally HATE Alger
owners or is it something exceptable.  Considering I would tear the car
apart to turn it into a autox car anyways it might be a smarter thing to
do.  Opinions?  Comments?  Lashings?

Mark