RE: Alger?

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Subject: RE: Alger?
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:23:32 -0800
Rich,

I applaud your idea.....and hope to have the wherewithall to beat you to it
some day, kind'a that is......

A friend had a TR-3 come into his shop with a pretty fair installation of
the Rover V-8.  Needless to say, that car went like STINK!!

Anyway, our idea is to get a donor TR-6 or TR-250 with the IRS and see what
we can do to drop a Rover V-8 into one of those puppies.

When I was about 17 years old (big ass car itch at the time and no money)
and living near Chicago, I found a TR-4 with (an' this ain't no shit,) 427
with dual quads, headers and all the toys.  Needless to say, it had wheely
bars on the back....'cause the front wheels came off the ground every time
you let the clutch out!!  Shifting was a bit of a problem too, as the
shifter was _behind_ your shoulder.

Needless to say, a real interesting ride.  Though I must say, I would have
preferred a bit more control over the vehicle.  Could'a bought it for a
song......

Allan
B9472373