Re: Synthetic brake fluid

To: mjling@bellsouth.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic brake fluid
From: "Mark Radelow" <radelow@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 19:11:15 PST
Hi Mark, Mark Radelow here.  For brake fluid I HIGHLY recommend Lucas
Girling DOT 5.1 Fluid.  I run it in my Jetta VR6 and it is excellent.
Dry boiling point at 550F and Wet boiling point at 350F.  Plus it is
highly water NON-absorbent.  Take note, this is NOT a DOT 5 silicon
fluid.  This is fully compatible with DOT 3 and DOT 4.  Great stuff and
runs about $22 a liter.  I can get you in touch with a company that
sells it if you like.  As a side note, Lucas Girling is one of the
largest manufacturers of brake systems.  They are British and might even
make the brakes in the Tiger.  I question using a synthetic brake fluid
especially if it has silicon in it.  Silicon brake fluid can destroy
seals and is not as effective as traditional brake fluid.

Hope this helps.

Mark