INQUIRY 021099A

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: INQUIRY 021099A
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:32:07 -0500
        Over 3 years ago, one of the 1st threads I read about after
joining the List concerned Glyptal, some manner of red paint (I've since
seen it in Eastwood's catalog), being used for the rear axle center
section ("pumpkin"). Well, I finally saw it. I was removing the rear
springs, traction bars, etc, from the rear axle. I took a scraper to the
3/8"-thick layer of differential cheese that had accrued on the housing
in 34+ years, and there it was. Unless there's a reason to do so other
than originality, I probably won't re-coat in the same color; black or
silver sounds fine to me.
        Nothing quite like jumping in on a thread a little late...

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com