inquiry 021699c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 021699c
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:42:08 -0500
STEERING RACK: My rack was rebuilt by Tiger Tom a few years back; it
arrived with a black center tube and silver end castings. This sounds
like the reverse of what others have, perhaps some evitential photo of
the rack has been reproduced in the negative, causing y'all to get it
backwards?  :^)

WHEELS: Boy, a lot of useful posts on this one; my Tech Hints From the
Internet file is thinnest on wheels and tires. No way am I giving up my
Revolutions, but it's good to know there are alternatives. Genuine
Minilites would be my preference. I only stuck my nose in on this
subject earlier out of concern for a lister going to VB...

PINEWOOD: Didn't someone on the list a year or so back say they had some
form of CAD database for a Tiger body, with the car sliced up like a
loaf of bread? I guess Pinewood Derby rules wouldn't permit cutting out
the slices on a bandsaw,  gluing up the "stack", then filing and sanding
to fit. Plus, the proportions might be wrong, length to width, vs the
Pinewood cars I've seen. The 1926 LSR Tiger might be a better fit.

BOOK OF NORMAN: Perhaps we should look for the order blank for Volume 2
in the next issue of "Tiger Press". I eagerly await either/both. It's
gotta be hard writing/producing books and newsletters on enough Tiger
subjects, perhaps even coming up with enough ideas. Let me offer one
possibility. It's a good idea to paint a clear picture for us
"newcomers" (1991 in my case) about what it was like to be a Tiger owner
in the early days of the 1960's and the "dark ages" of the 1970's. How
hard it was to find parts, to get service, to find other Tiger owners.
Mebbe best to get it all verified and in print before the stories get
distorted and become "urban legends" or something. Decorate it all with
period photos: Tigers with Vegas and Toyota Carinas in the background,
Tigers at an Impeach Nixon rally, Tigers decorated for the Bicentennial,
etc.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP