Re: Good News, Bad news

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: Good News, Bad news
From: Norman Miller <rootes1@best.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:05:04 -0800

Yeah, I hadn't considered the rotation problem.  So the shim plan is out the
window.  I'll try to find some larger diameter, but same thread studs.  If
that
doesn't work, I do have a spare hub that appears to still have original
diameter
holes.  That one would probably need a trip to a machine shop, since the
disk on
it is badly rusted, and I would have to redo the bearings.

The current hub is still on the car.  I was hoping to get away without
touching
anything else.  If I have to pull the caliper, then the door may open to yet
another project.....  And I want to DRIVE the thing when it gets warm here.

Stu