Re: radiator recommendation

To: gary@schotland.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radiator recommendation
From: PLRRESTO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 01:14:31 EST
Gary, et al Listers,

Yes, I do still sell radiators made with brass tanks, tubes and connections;
copper fins,and steel brackets. The same configuration as stock, but with an
updated core design. The price is still $400 and I have them in stock. This
price is still good for the next 15 radiators, after that I'll probably have
to up the price because I'll most likely get a cost increase on the next batch
of parts.

Keep in mind though, I do not sell 4-row radiators, only 3-rows. The 4th row
only gives about 10% more cooling when the car is moving; in traffic or at
idle it's goes down to less than 5%. In the Tiger, the use of a 4-row limits
the type/style/whatever of fan one can still fit without coming to close to
the radiator. The use of a 3-row allows the installation of a good fan such as
a C9DZ-8600-A which works quite well at pulling air through the radiator even
at idle.

As to quality, if you don't like my radiator, I'll give you all your money
back. I've sold 138 radiators so far and no one has taken me up on my offer.

And Gary, the first radiators sold by CAT were provided by me. After the Parts
Dept. fiasco, I took that project with me. I know they had a lot of trouble
making them afterwards, but I don't know what they are doing now. Maybe Dan
Walters has come up with something better by now.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Paul Reisentz