A New Cobra Owner (almost)

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: A New Cobra Owner (almost)
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:27:20 -0800
This is a true story, and it just happened today.

I was returning a rental car and the  young man, seeing my
Tiger, asked if I would be interested in a A/C Cobra for
$10,000.

What?  Got the address and went there today.

It wasn't a 'Cobra' Cobra, but a Repli-Cobra from an L.A.
Exotics kit.  Not finished, but with 302, T-5, 4 link, 9"
rear end, Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, roller rockers, Weiand
intake, tube a-arms, and a '69 registration  VIN
CXS3M9TC02S  (if those mean anything).

They wanted $10, 000 o.b.o

Ran to my mechanic/Cobra expert.  When he heard the word
L.A. Exotics he almost puked.

So, reluctantly, I turned away, saying "Well, it wasn't a
real 289 Cobra, anyway".

This one, however, was a very special Cobra, at least in
it's origin.

The current owner, an exotic car garage, repossessed it with
a lien.

Don't know if you hear this news in L.A., but a Valley man
named Rawlings (not the sports equipment family) was
kidnapped in his Bentley n a supermarket lot. They put him
in the trunk, and the car crashed in the get-away. He was
killed in a crash.  A very young millionaire, it seems he
was a small business man with a sideline that dealt in shady
manipulations of other peoples money.

Two of his three partners were arrested for these offenses,
and the third is on the run.  There is some talk that the
car jacking was not random.  The car jackers, after crashing
the Bentley, which killed the man in the trunk, tried to get
away by bribing a passing motorist with a $10,000 bill.
Hell, those things are registered. "Hey, Mister!  How about
a ride for this $10,000 bill?"

Anyway, of those 4 mentioned, one was the owner of that
Cobra, and the mechanic quickly put his lien on it and has
it.

Well, it wasn't a real Cobra anyway.  (And what if he found
out who had his car, and wanted it back?)

A Happy Tiger Driver,

Steve

BTW: Anyone want a real deal????

--