RE: Re: Paint Codes

To: Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: Paint Codes
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:00:38 EST
In a message dated 3/8/99 11:26:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com writes:

> Paint codes are listed in the TE/AE web site.
>
>  Code 100  Mediterranean Blue   Ditzler # 13097  Lucite lacquer # 8431L
>  Dulux # 97680.
Ron,

Thanks.  I found the site a few minutes after I posted the first message.  But
after hitting a few auto paint suppliers, I found the Ditzler number is no
longer made in a paint type they sell, and DuPont no longer makes a paint to
cover the lacquer or enamel paint numbers. (The lacquer problem might be
unique to the environmental laws in Florida, as about 8 years ago I was able
to buy DuPont lacquer paint in Virginia.)  As far as Mediterranean Blue goes
the numbers look obsolete.  I don't know if this applies to other colors.
FWIW.

BTW, I removed a small piece off the trunk (the part that holds the lock) and
hope to get a color match made by the paint shop machine.  They will mix me a
small touch-up bottle that will be compatible with my Siekkens base coat-clear
coat paint job.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl