Re: Who got the rights?

To: kevnmeek@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Who got the rights?
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:35:08 EST
Kevin,

In regard to publishing rights, I would have to say that the Talbot Group who
bought the Rootes Group assets from Chrysler UK has any rights to printed
material.  Frankly, I don't think you would have many legal conflicts as many
of the publications such as manuals, parts book T-shirts ect.ect. which use
the Sunbeam logo have already been remade by various people.

As far as parts are concerned both Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and myself
(Classic Sunbeam), have remade many parts over the years.  Since Sunbeam like
most British cars used many subcontractors such as Girling, Lucas, Lockheed, I
would think you would have to check each individual item for patent
infringements.

Best Regards,
Curt
Classic Sunbeam