Alternative Shocks

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative Shocks
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:12:43 -0800
>I used an old CAT tech tip to buy shocks at the corner parts store.
Corvette
>rear shocks from a 63-67(and perhaps into the mid 70's) are a bolt in for
>the rear of the TIger. I've also heard that Camaro shocks from the same
era
>will work, but I never used them.
>I used mid 60's Cadillac front shocks. You'll have to cut the lower bolt
>tube flush with the rubber grommet on the shock. A hacksaw works fine, and
>then they'll bolt right in.

I used the same CAT tech tip, but changed it slightly.  I pressed the
correct bolt tube out of the old shocks with a deep reach socket, then
pressed the correct bolt tube into the bottom of the new shocks, pushing
the long ones out as it went in.  It was very easy, using only a standard
vise for a press.

Jay