Re: Corroless Stinks - literally

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corroless Stinks - literally
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:48:36 -0800 (PST)
>I have treated in inside rear fenders under my gas tanks with Corroless
>rust treatment.  I was planning on leaving the exposed Corroless as the
>finish and put my fuel system back together.  My garage has a "chemical
>smell' which is probably a mixture of lots of things but I seem to remember
>someone on the list talking about the smell generated by Corroless and not
>wanting to treat the trunck because of the odor.  Does this stuff stop
>emitting fumes after a reasonable amount of time or should I top coat it
>with something?  I don't plan on repainting the car for at least a year.  I
>would hate to spray paint over this stuff only to have to sand it off later
>when I put on a "Real" paint job.
>
>Chris

Chris, yes that stuff stinks. (I got higher than a kite) But it sure is a
good product for protecting the metal.  I think it took about two weeks for
the bad smell to go away when I used it.  But that was during the summer so
it might take a little longer this time of year.  If you get a nice day
then I would put the car outside and open all the doors and truck lid and
let the wind air it out, that will help get rid of the smell and dry it
faster.

regards Air man

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie