Thanks to Chris, C.A.T. Editor

To: Chris Williams <williamsc@k-com.net>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Thanks to Chris, C.A.T. Editor
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:33:56 -0700
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your efforts to put out a grrrreat looking newsletter!  It
takes a lot of dedication to take the time to keep Tiger Tales going.  A
lot of people may not realize that to do it monthly takes about 40
hours, which is the reason Steve had to give it up since he works about
60 hours 6 days a week.  Steve let everyone know that the editorship was
available and you stepped up to plate and took on that responsibility.
Tiger Tales is the glue that holds the club together and without it the
club would probably go away.

Having had personal experience with "Pathetic" just prior to United last
year, all I can say is consider the source.  This is the same individual
who trashed Steve and myself before the event and who never volunteered
to help, never signed up for the event and did not attend.  It is the
typical M.O. to insult first rather than communicating with constructive
comments or volunteering to help and change things.  Thankfully, in our
case, we received far more emails of support from all over the world
that we appreciate to this day.

I said three years ago that the Internet was going to change the way our
clubs work and maybe that time is a lot closer than we realize.  Maybe
this is something that we can discuss seriously with members of other
clubs at SUNI III.  Maybe we need to also address our members in the
newsletter with a questionaire about what they would like and if they
are connected to the Internet.  In the meantime, there are 800 members
of C.A.T. that depend on the newsletter and it doesn't appear that a
majority are connected to the Internet yet.  These people pay good money
every year, mainly because of the newsletter and we still get new
members all of the time.

The people at C.A.T. volunteer their time because they love the marque
and the people.  They do not get paid and they don't have a lot of extra
time on their hands.  They squeeze in time to work on club activities in
between working, bringing up families and other everyday activities.
Most people understand and appreciate the efforts.

Steve and Carrie and I are looking forward to seeing you at SUNI III.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can help you in any way.

Sincerely,
Jane Sage