warm welcome

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: warm welcome
From: Windsor Owens <wowens@etec.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 18:32:46 -0700
thanks to all for the warm welcome to the list.  I took a trip down to
sunbeam specialties today and immediatelly started drewling!  I walked
around saying "Oh, I need one of those" everywhere I turned.  I thought to
myself "this is a DANGEROUS place!"  Anyhow, thanks to one & all for leads
on the original factory manual.  I decided to pick up a re-print from
sunbeam spec. however because I need it before the end of this week and I
also plan on using it alot, so it will get greasy and brake fluidy too.
That is not a fitting end for an original manual I suspect.  By the way, I
was very impressed with the quality of the repro documents at sunbeam
specialties.  I was expecting a Kinko's hack job (like you get at a certain
ducati dealership in LA) but Ricks books were nice.  Now it's time to start
gathering trim bits and seeing what is missing-this should lead to an awful
lot of head scratching and "Hmmmh..."'s.
        One thing I know I need is an air filter.  It does not need to be
original (unobtainium, I know), but I need to put something on top of the
carb.  I read earlier on the list that some one used a mustang filter and
squashed it to fit.  Are there any other options out there or is it time to
kluge something together?

Windsor