Re: heater control valve

To: netscott@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: heater control valve
From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 09:44:34 -0400
Scott,

You can combine the CAD plated upper portion of a TR6 heater valve, with
the lower cast aluminum portion of a Jaguar e-type heater valve. Buy the
two valves (sorry, I don't know the part numbers off hand), and drill out
the pop-rivet that prevents the valve parts from turning. Twist them apart
then combine the TR6 top and E-type bottom. Pop rivet the valve at the
correct angle to prevent rotation , and you're all set. The only way to
tell that you don't have a genuine Made-for-Tiger valve is the part
number.

If you'd like, I can e-mail you the part numbers of the two valves to use
tomorrow. If you have a local british parts supplier as I did, they'll be
able to help as well. Just take in you old valve and compare.

Hope this helps

Peter S.
B9471799