Re: Funny Tiger Moment...lengthy "me too"!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funny Tiger Moment...lengthy "me too"!
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:39:21 EDT
Pen, etal...
My Tiger # 0908, had the same problem with fluid collecting in the booster,
and I learned it can be used as a secret weapon!  About 5 years back while
qualifying for a race at Seattle International Raceways, I missed the first
practice session and went out the first time of the weekend with the group
for qualifying.  After about three laps of warming the tires, oils, and
driver, I went flat-out for a fast lap.  Turns 3A and 3B are very tight
consecutive hairpin turns...in fact, I have centrifuged fuel away from the
pickup tube and misfired up to turn 5 in the past...but that's another story.
 On this particular fast lap the g-forces allowed the brake fluid that had
collected to be sucked into the engine all at once, resulting in the same
enormous white cloud Pen spoke of.  All of the group behind me were
snow-blinded in a complete whiteout, and I was able to complete the rest of
the session without anyone in my mirrors!  It was great fun!
Jim Leach,      Seattle