Re: Funny Tiger Moment..(ther smogger)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funny Tiger Moment..(ther smogger)
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 06:45:42 -0700
>Pen, etal...
>My Tiger # 0908, had the same problem with fluid collecting in the booster,
>and I learned it can be used as a secret weapon!  About 5 years back while
>qualifying for a race at Seattle International Raceways, I missed the first
>practice session and went out the first time of the weekend with the group
>for qualifying.  After about three laps of warming the tires, oils, and
>driver, I went flat-out for a fast lap.  Turns 3A and 3B are very tight
>consecutive hairpin turns...in fact, I have centrifuged fuel away from the
>pickup tube and misfired up to turn 5 in the past...but that's another story.
> On this particular fast lap the g-forces allowed the brake fluid that had
>collected to be sucked into the engine all at once, resulting in the same
>enormous white cloud Pen spoke of.  All of the group behind me were
>snow-blinded in a complete whiteout, and I was able to complete the rest of
>the session without anyone in my mirrors!  It was great fun!
>Jim Leach,      Seattle

Hi gang, Jim and Pen's stories remind me of one back when I was in junior
college.  It was about 1968 and a friend had an old chevy sedan,1950 I
think it was.  He decided he was going to protest the war in his own way,
so he made up a brew of gas, oil and some other ingredients I don't
remember, he then would drive his car around the college and with an old
plastic squeeze bottle he would squirt this stuff into his motor through
the vacuum line that went to the windshield wipers.   Anyway it put out a
cloud of smoke that you had to see to believe.  It covered the whole school
for a few minutes.  The campus do-goods called the cops of course but we (I
was with him) smogged them and took off, they never caught us.  We called
her the campus smogger.  It was fun at the moment but it didn't stop the
war.
regards Armand
northwest no-where

ritchie@mcn.org