Re: Clutch Fluid

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Fluid
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:17:03 -0500
Tim:

My money is on Castrol GTLMA brake fluid.  It carries a DOT 4 rating, which
means it is compatible with the British natural rubber used in the hydralic
system.  I've used silicone before but, the last time I rebuilt my
hydralics, I went back with the Castrol.  The only advantage that I know of
that silicone has over Castrol is that it does not attract moisture as
easily.  If your car sits for long periods of time, you might want to use
silicone.  If you drive it a lot, I would recommend Castrol.

Take care,
Andy Walker
B382001600
B395006675