Re: Mag wheels

To: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>,
Subject: Re: Mag wheels
From: David McDermott <David.Mcdermott@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:03:50 -0600
        Colin,

        I have no experience with the real magnesium Minilites so I don't
know. I only had direct experience with the American Racing Silverstone
mags. Back in the old racing days I would have magnefluxed or x-rayed any
suspect wheels like we did with certain suspension parts. I learned that
after breaking kingpins on MGAs twice during races. It could be that the
Silverstone's do not have as much material around the bolt holes as the
Minilites so you could be OK.

        Dave McDermott