Re: Roll Bar

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>, Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 15:44:06 -0700
Tym,

Autopower, here in San Diego used to supply roll bars for Tigers. The vast
majority of the ones you see here in S. Calif. were from this source. I
used to have one too, but now I have a roll bar from Dale's Restorations.
Dale added a forward bend in the major hoop just above where the brace bars
are welded. This gives more clearance for the top (soft or hard) while
providing more height over the head (where it counts). He has made some of
them with a removable diagonal brace down to the passenger side of the
tunnel. I don't know the current status of Dale or his business, but the
roll bar used to be one of his standard items. If you are interested, give
his shop a call at 909-799-2099.

Good luck,

Bob

At 06:29 PM 5/22/99 -0500, Dr. T. Y. McDowell wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can get a roll bar
>for my Mk1A?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Tym McDowell

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com