Re: Tiger spotted Chicago area

To: billlawrence@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Tiger spotted Chicago area
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:37:03 EDT
The Tiger turnout at the Spring Fling was smaller than usual.
Only 7 when 10-12 is normal.  It rained off and on all day and
was quite cold (temp in the low 70's).  I think that kept some
of the locals from venturing out.  We parked next to the real
Cobras (4 this year) and enjoyed the limelight.  Ken Bishop's
MK II won a Gold in Concurs.

The road rally was a bust for me.  Seems they rally master
forgot that a 'T' does not mean a crossroads.  Every car running
this route did not finish.  Those running it reverse made it.
The first time in 18 years I've been off route.  I blamed my 21
year old son who was driving.

The trip back featured top down driving while top down until
the truck spray got unbearable.  Got home and the temp was
in the 50's.

Great trip.  I was awarded the Steve Yates Memorial Award
for 18 years of service to the event.  A complete surprise to
me.

Dave