paint problem

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: paint problem
From: Jeff Hacker <alpine@kiva.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 12:53:51 +0000
hello all,

  My question is with a problem that has accurred with my Alpine's
paint.
It seems my neighbor thinks he needs to water his lawn (and mine too)
even though it rains here every 3 days;  the water from the sprinkler
sprayed the trunk of my car this morning.  It is 85 degrees and bright
sun today -  the results are now I have white water spots all over my
trunk lid.  These spots will not rub out of the paint.  The paint is a
10 yr. old carnival red lacquer that was still in showroom condition
until this morning.
   Question - will these water spots "lift" out on their own or will
a body shop have too be involved.  Is this common or is it just my
bad luck ?
   Any advice would be appreciated ...

thanks in advance ,
jeff