Re: Titan vs. Saturn...ATLAS!

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Titan vs. Saturn...ATLAS!
From: "geewhiz@inreach.com" <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:21:48 -0700
Rocket stuff!

Hi fellow Tiger owners!

Glad to see some other rocketeers in the Tiger group!  I used to be
involved with the rocket biz for a few years at Vandenberg Air Force
Base...Got to build a few Atlas I's and II's, launch a few Atlas E's,
and learn lots of neat things...thought you all might enjoy reading my
webpages, and seeing Atlas rockets like you've never seen them
before...ON THE FREEWAY!!

http://home.inreach.com/geewhiz/rrk1.htm

and

http://home.inreach.com/geewhiz/rdrkts.htm

JPL in Pasadena was one of our emergency stops for nitrogen, in case of
a leak in the pressurized Atlas balloon tank.  We drove the Atlas on the
freeways of Los Angeles, and it was quite the sight.

Gerard
--
BOB Oil Recovery System: http://www.bob2000.com
Geewhiz Homepage: http://home.inreach.com/geewhiz/4277.htm :