No Sunbeam Content

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>, Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Sunbeam Content
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@home.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 15:19:23 -0400
Hi guys,

Sorry for the non Sunbeam content, but I need some advice.

I bought my daughter a 91 Dodge Colt 1.5 liter Mitsu engine awhile back.

The dealer is telling me the keyway slot in the crank is worn causing
the gear to make a slapping noise.  Put a new gear and keyway in three
months ago but it started to make the noise again saturday.

They tell me these engines are known for this.  This thing has only
59,000 miles and I don't want to buy another crank.

So short of welding the gear to the crank, what are my options.
How about JB Weld in the slot and key?

Please email me privately, as to not bother the list anymore then I
already have.

Jim