inquiry 060299a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 060299a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:52:14 -0400
Dave Binkley wrote:
>Subject: 302 SL (Various snips)
>So, last evening I'm driving the Tiger down Foothill Expressway,
>Looking in my rear view mirror I see a beige 1965 vintage
>Mercedes SL 2-seat roadster coming up behind me pretty fast.
>Gotta be a V-8 loafing along in 5th gear.  As he pulls past me
>the license plate reads "302 SL".  I pull up along side him at the next
>light and the car sounds like it has a 2 1/2 inch exhaust system

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, if ya cannot get the real thing. :^)
I wonder if he also installed any Lucas parts to complete the project
(although I've heard some folks curse Bosch as loudly), and did he
install a steering
rack way up front to befoul the Ackermann angles, put the fuel pump over
the exhaust, and all of the other minute changes required to pass it off

as authentic.

I recall seeing the specs on 230/250/280SL's, listing weight as +/-
3000lb.
Take him down, Dave.

Lawrence R. Wright
Teutonic Authentication Committee inspector