Feels so good!!

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Feels so good!!
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:09:35 -0700
Listers,

Guess you Listers all know the story about the guy with the chronic
headaches who thought his shorts size was 32 - only to find out he needed
size 34. Well, I'm feeling a lot like that guy with respect to the jet
sizes I've been using in my carburetor. I put 68's in Mr. Green yesterday
and, boy does that feel good!! Now, I've had 68's in there before, but what
with going to TUXXIII in Big Bear at 6,000 feet, I had a set of 66's that
had been there for almost a year now. I had forgotten how good the 68's run
down here at sea level. These smaller metering jets, together with briefly
running with too much spark advance, is probably the explanation for my
spark plug problems. But, the silver lining may be that I've learned quite
a bit as a result, thanks to some very helpful private posts as well as
those on the Tiger List. Thankfully, I still have full compression on all
cylinders, so maybe no serious damage was done.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll try and summarize all I've learned a
bit further down the road.

TTFN,

Bob