inquiry 060499a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 060499a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:30:46 -0400
Gary Schotland wrote:
>Genuine UK license plate on eBay being sold with no reserve.

        And here I was hoping it read ADU 312B! Oh, well...

Steve Laifman wrote:
>Just my opinion, not based upon discrete knowledge.

        D*mn! That's a keeper! Adding it to my archived messages. :^)
        Anyhow, I haven't been indexing my plugs, but I did install them
threaded-end down with the electrode inside the combustion chamber.
        Last night, I called Dale's about instructions for all of my
goodies I bought; got 'himself' on the phone. He says he's feeling
better, let's all keep him in our thoughts. I shouldn't have worried
about reassembly, there are actually instruction sheets for the stuff he
sells (at least the front brakes, rear brakes and fulcrum kits I got)
and I'll get them by fax today. In addition, he convinced me that my CAT
front springs aren't a good match for the rears I bought from him, so I
ordered a set of his. So, now I'll have to find a home for a set of very
slightly used CAT fronts, just back from the powder-coaters; I wonder
what they're worth.
        Gee, I should be able to start bolting it all together this
weekend. I sure hope that part of the process doesn't take 4 months like
all of the prep work did!
        Tiger spotting: I was loaned a copy of "Corvette Grand Sport"
(1989, by Classic Motorbooks). I found couple of Sunbeam pictures. Page
125, the caption reads "Nassau, December 1964, (bla-bla-bla) Sunbeams
(bla-bla-bla). Head on shot of the beginning of the race, everybody
bunched up. The big boys out front- Cobras, Vettes, GT40's, and two
'Beams w/hardtops, cannot tell if Alpines or Tigers, one light one dark.
They're near the front, I'd guess Tigers. Page 126, same race, view from
behind as the cars spread out, Tiger is specifically mentioned. Light
car, #74, single hoop roll bar, cannot see the exhausts; and the driver
just about has the left tires off-the-pavement on the inside of the
turn. The book's photos are by Dave Friedman, it says he was Shelby
American photographer, wasn't he the guy who did a book of photos a year
of so back of Cobras/Tigers/etc, and was guest speaker at a west-coast
Tiger event? Perhaps these pictures are in that book too, I dinna know.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)