steering play,shimmey

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: steering play,shimmey
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:36:17 -0400
Mark, 3/4" sounds like a problem to me, my car has almost no noticeable
play, I think in the Tigers your hand on the wheel serves as the steering
damper, & with that much play you can't dampen out the shakes.
Doug Leithauser

I have about 3/4" play at the outer rim of my steering wheel. All the
components through the steering column are tight.  The play is definitely in
the rack (all the front end is rebuilt).  Is it possible that there is too
much wear in the rack when I'm getting 3/4" play at the steering wheel?  And
could this be causing the synptom  that I've described.

Any help appreciated.    Mark L.